Hikium Web Services Privacy Statement
Thank you for using the Hikium Experience Composer and the Hikium marketing website (each a “Site”, collectively the “Service”).
Hikium (“Hikium”, “we”) has, along with entities other than Hikium (each a “Third-Party”), a responsibility to protect and safeguard your privacy and data.
This document (the “Statement”) describes how Hikium collects, uses, and discloses information about you and your use of the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the terms of this Statement, which are effective as of July 28, 2022.
1. Data Collection and Use
Each of the following sections describes how Hikium and the Service collects information about you and your use of the Service.
1.1 Aggregate Tracking Data
The Service may automatically collect information about your use of a Site, which may include the following:
- the webpages you view,
- the features of a Site that you use,
- the date and time of your use of a Site,
- the amount of time you spend on pages,
- and details about the website or service that sent you to a Site, if applicable.
Aggregate Tracking Data collection systems are designed to only collect Aggregate Tracking Data if:
- the data is anonymised,
- or the data is aggregated in a manner that does not identify you.
Hikium uses Aggregate Tracking Data to:
- improve the Service,
- determine market demand,
- improve the security of the Service,
- enforce the terms or licenses of the Service,
- and protect Hikium’s or a Third-Party’s rights, intellectual property, or legal obligations.
Because the Aggregate Tracking Data has minimal privacy impact, and is necessary for legal reasons, it is considered in Hikium’s legitimate interest to collect Aggregate Tracking Data.
1.2 Technical Data
A Site may collect technical data about your use of the Site, which may include the following:
- the name and version of the operating system you use,
- the name and version of the web browser or Service Supporting Software you use,
- operating system accessibility settings,
- operating system colour mode settings,
- and information about the size of the Site cache.
A Site uses Technical Data to:
- enable or disable specific features,
- provide the Service without error,
- and improve the security of the Service,
Technical Data is not sent to Hikium.
1.3 Technical Storage Data
A Site may automatically collect data stored in Local Storage.
A Site uses Technical Storage Data to:
- store data that persists after your Site session ends, including user settings,
- and to improve the security of the Service.
Technical Storage Data is not sent to Hikium.
1.4 Collection of Data from Children
Hikium does not knowingly collect data from children under the age of thirteen (13).
2. Data Sharing
Hikium does not share Aggregate Tracking Data with any Third-Party. We do not sell, rent, or lease Aggregate Tracking Data we have collected to any Third-Party.
Aggregate Tracking Data may be shared with a Third-Party engaged in the purchase of a Site or the Service, and transferred to that Third-Party in the event of a change in ownership.
Hikium may share the data we have collected if required by law, or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law or to protect Hikium’s rights or intellectual property, or in the event of a court order or subpoena.
3. Data Retention
Aggregate Tracking Data is stored indefinently.
Technical Data is not sent to Hikium and is discarded naturally.
Technical Storage Data is stored indefinently, unless removed by the user using the “Reset Storage” feature, or by using the web browser’s or Web Service Supporting Software’s built-in features.
4. Changes to the Statement
Hikium may change this Statement from time to time. Hikium will notify you of any material changes by informing you on the Service.
5. Contact Hikium
You can contact Hikium by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Further Definitions
In the Statement:
- “Web Service Supporting Software” means the software that is used to run the Service that is not a web browser,
- “Personally Identifiable Information” means any information that can be used to identify you,
- “Local Storage” means your browser’s implementation of the Web Storage API,
- and “Cookies” means the HTTP Cookie as defined in RFC 6265.
7. Where this Statement is Applicable
The Statement applies to the Service wherever and whenever it is operated. This includes includes the Hikium Experience Composer (
app.hikium.com) and the Hikium marketing website (